Fiction Addiction

Do librarians know books? Yes! Check out the latest fiction reviews from an Indiana librarian!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm a repeat reader!

I seem to be in the mood to make book lists these days. Todays' list is a short list of some of the books that I have read more than one time. Most of these remind me of a particular time in my life. So not only am I revisiting a favorite title I'm remembering what was going on in my life at that time.

Here's the list, in no particular order:

1. The Moonspinners by Mary Stewart- I enjoy anything written by her. I checked out all her books from my high school library when I was a freshman.
2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery-I read this series when I was in Junior High but I re read them again when I was hugely pregnant and bored at home. Anne kept my mind off of my swelling ankles!
3. Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd-This is a recent additon to this list. I read it the summer that it came out and have revisited it several times. Great story! Great characters.
4. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand-This was reccommended to me when I was a Sophmore in college. It took some doing but I compulsively read it. I confess I "skimmed" the 200 page political theory that the character "John Gault" presented toward the end of the book.
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte-I read this when I was in 7th grade and has always been a favorite of mine.
6. To Kill a Mocikingbird by Harper Lee-Who doesn't love this book? I also read this in 7th grade while sitting on my front porch one summer waiting on the "paper boy" who I also had a crush on. The book had a more lasting impression on me than the boy did.
7. An Unfinished Woman by Lillian Hellman-I read this during my college sorority days when I was exploring books written only by women. Hellman's writing is so lyrical and riviting that I would read her work after a long evening of studying.

I still have my original copies of the books on my list above. Some of them are a little shabby looking and some of the pages are yellowed, but they'll never be thrown out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home