Fiction Addiction

Do librarians know books? Yes! Check out the latest fiction reviews from an Indiana librarian!

Monday, January 03, 2011

"Peace and Plenty" by Sarah Ban Breathnach


I purchased this book as soon as I heard of it's publication. I have been a big fan of Ban Breathnach's books since she wrote "Simple Abundance" back in the 1990's.
I haven't finished it yet but I wanted to blog about it, because I have conflicting opinions about it. I have alway's enjoyed the writing "style" of these books and this one doesn't disappoint in that respect. Her folksy, friendly tone of voice is still present.
What I am finding a little difficult to digest are the passages in the book that sound a little "whiny" for loss of another word to use. I think maybe I thought Sarah Ban Breathnace was "perfect" and to read her writing about her financial reverses and divorce was a little jarring. I should probably cut her a little slack because after all she's human like the rest of us and we all make mistakes. I suppose I was just disappointed on her behalf that she wasn't "carrying on in her usual simply abundant way." I hope for better times to come her way that that she will continue to write . I will let you know if my opinions about this book change after I finish it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home