Fiction Addiction

Do librarians know books? Yes! Check out the latest fiction reviews from an Indiana librarian!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peace and Plenty by Sarah Ban Breathnach

I have repeatedly read all of Sarah Ban Breathnach's books and was pleased when I read that she had a new book out. I made a special "book store run" in order to try and find it.

This book runs along the lines of her hugely popular "Simple Abundance" book that was a "household word" in the 1990's. I am enjoying it but there's "just a little something off" about it, and it leaves me a little dissapointed.

This book's main topic is money and is a timely issue during these recession times. The basic premise is "What do you do when you have somehow lost your money?" I was amazed that the hugely wealthy Ban Breathnach could find herself in this predicament. I was also amazed at how honest she was about it. She took a huge leap of faith by letting her readers in on her own personal monetary woes. I admire her for that.

My only criticism of the book is that it takes off slowly. I read a little too much about her plight. It was hard for "middle class" me to understand how "hugely wealthy" Sarah could let her fortune trickle away. I know that part of it is due to a divorce but her discussion of her spending habits made "bargain hunter me" turn pale. Having given that criticism I do give her credit for her positive thinking about this experience and will always read anything she writes. This particular book is about her 'rags to riches to rags again" story. I have no doubt that she will soon be on the road to riches again. She also gives positive, doable actions that anyone can use to improve their financial well being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home